Intellectual Property , Trademarks
Dr. Guido LAREDO, the owner of LAREDO-BRANDING (“LB”) started his legal career some twenty years ago at the trademark department of Intellectual Property Institute Switzerland (“IPI”) in Bern. He knows about the internal processes of IPI Switzerland and advises clients in all questions related to
trademark registration and trademark objection.
Subsequently Guido practiced as an independent lawyer in different Swiss cities, having his main focus in IP and competition law. Besides of knowing the specifics of the Swiss market and being able to advise his clients in various languages (German/English/Spanish/French/Italian) he disposes of following practical experience as an Attorney:
Advised clients on the registration and maintenance of trademarks in Switzerland
• Advised and represented clients of the luxury good industry on counterfeiting issues
• Advised and represented companies in disputes, litigations, arbitrations and other proceedings
• Advised and represented Swiss companies in contract management issues
• Advised and represented a Swiss sports marketing company in legal disputes, dispute resolution,
contract management and contract negotiations
• Advised a Swiss sports marketing company in the elaboration, commercialization and implementation
of new sport and cultural events
• Elaboration of different legal opinions
• Advised clients on different IP related issues (know-how, collaboration, licensing, trademarks, domain
• Advised clients in contractual matters, including complex settlement agreements
• Drafted, reviewed and negotiated various commercial contracts (such as agency, sponsoring, supplier,
commercialization and collaboration agreements) as well as General Terms and Conditions
• Advised clients on various aspects of commercial and competition law
• Assisted in an M&A transaction, mainly by collaborating in an extensive legal due diligence
• IP Casebook – Supreme Court Decision 124 III 277 – NIKE (Famous trademarks)
• IP Casebook – Supreme Court Decision 120 II 307 – THE ORIGINAL (Tri-dimensional trademarks)
2015 Helbing&Lichtenhahn; also published in ius.full 6/14 Schulthess
• The protection of famous trademarks under Swiss Trademark Law
• The special protection of famous trademarks
2006 sic! 2/06 Schulthess Verlag
LaredoBranding (“LB”) is a specialized law firm dedicated to the legal protection but also the strategic steering of trademarks. LB protects its clients’ brands from unauthorized approximations and harmful copycatting. LB makes sure that such counterfeited goods are withdrawn from the market – fast and efficiently.
LB main legal areas of practice are IP and competition law as well as contract, tenancy and labor law.
In addition to its legal services LB provides specific Brand Management services;such as defining and/or adapting a long-term brand strategy or the implementation or supervision of specific, “brand-compliant” communication investments. LB sees itself as an external counterpart in important, brand related questions.