Arbitration , Capital Markets , Intellectual Property
LL.M-LPC, University of Law, London, United Kingdom.
LL.M (International Trade & Arbitration Law), Sussex University, Brighton, United Kingdom.
LL.B, Sussex University, Brighton, United Kingdom.
Practice areas: International trade, corporate & commercial law, Intellectual Property Rights, Capital Market and dispute resolutions (negotiation, arbitration and litigation).
Mr. AlMaghthawi is the Founding Partner of AlMaghthawi & Partners. His experience includes advising international and national companies on a range of issues, particularly, M&A, Antitrust, Antidumping, Joint Ventures, Commercial transactions, Capital Markets, IP Law, Corporate restructuring and Corporate Law.
Mr. Basem is a well- qualified dispute resolutions’ lawyer. He is a well- skilled negotiator. He is an experienced lawyer in litigation and arbitration. He represented companies and individuals in major cases including, antidumping, shareholders disputes, business transactions disputes, IP disputes and employment disputes.
TRANSACTIONAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS:
• Representation of Koran International Company in antidumping case, before the GCC Cooperation in the Prevention of Injurious Practices in International Trade.
• Representation of International Company in IP cases before Ministry of Commerce and Investment, and the Board of Grievances (Administrative Court).
• Consultation and representation of a real estate project in Turkey.
• Consultation of Saudi – Jordanian M&A project.
• Establishment of Saudi-American, Saudi- Italian, Saudi – Turkish Joint Ventures.
• Representation in arbitration cases of several construction projects and agency law disputes.
• Liquidation of Australian and American company branch in Saudi Arabia (Foreign Investment Company).
• Negotiating and resolving shareholders’ disputes and disengagement planning of a foreign investment company.
• Consultation and structuring of finance companies based on Saudi Arabia Monetary Authority laws.
• Structuring foreign investment businesses in Saudi Arabia and finalizing all related documentations and establishments’ procedures.
• Litigation on major IP cases before the Board of Grievances.
• Litigation on major employment cases before the Employment Court.
• Litigation on several shareholders disputes before the Commercial Court.
We -AlMaghthawi & Partners- have committed ourselves to enhance our legal professions and ethics with substantial loyalty and honesty in performing our obligations. Thus, we put the honor of competency as guidance to achieve our missions and visions.
AlMaghthawi & Partners is a professional entity practicing under the laws of Saudi Arabia, specialized in providing the finest legal services and advocacy to governmental organizations, corporate entities, banks and individuals with their businesses within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Turkey & Globally.
Our highly talented lawyers are well known in providing legal support to business entities, legal affairs as well as undertaking the best endeavor to develop, enhance, safeguard and protect the interests of our clients.
We offer our full legal services in compatibility with high well-known standards internationally and domestically. The success of our clients’ businesses, maintaining their rights and reaching their planned future are the basis of evaluating the quality of our legal services and advices. The higher degree of success that we aspire to reach is through rendering necessary legal services based on the highest degree of competence and legal professions.
In lines with the 2030 Saudi Arabia Vision, that aims to move the kingdom forward to pursue with an alternative potential source of income, diversified, variable economic and financial resources instead of merely depending only on oil revenue. Alongside, the Kingdom strategic geographical position and its economical position has increased globally that inevitably attract investors and stimulate foreign investments. We strive to reach the highest level of performance in legal fields and compete positively domestically and internationally to place our firm on the top of professionalism and perfection by co-operating with other law firms to serve our clients in Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, North America and South America alongside with our branch in Istanbul (Turkey)
Our vision is to be the leading firm domestically and internationally in providing legal services as well as valuing the client’s trust in delivering our legal services, advocacy and settling disputes through amicable solutions.
One of our teams’ ultimate objectives is to protect the interest of foreign investors who are investing or interested in doing business and investment within the geographical areas of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Turkey and globally.
Our teams’ vision is always to provide guidance and legal services in a very efficient, professional and timely manner to meet all the needs of our valuable clients and to reach the ultimate satisfaction.
We are honored in providing high-quality specialized legal services, advocacy and arbitration. We deliver tailored and integrated legal services across a wide range of practice areas to both local and International clients.
We provide our finest services to individuals, establishments, companies, banks, financial institutions, governmental organizations and trading agencies, Saudi or foreign investors, either in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Internationally.
We act on behalf of our clients before all governmental authorities and all level of Courts, committees, High Court, Court of Appeal, Commercial Court, General Court, Board of Grievances, Labor Court, Commercial Security Disputes solutions Office & competent committees for banking conflicts & all Judicial committees & authorities etc.
In the following pages, we will list the areas of our proficiency.
Commercial & Corporate Restructure:
• Acquisition and disposition of properties;
• Management of procurement and merging and acquisitions;
• Corporate restructuring;
• Reframing and developing theories;
• Organizing & developing supplying process;
• Organizing financing investments;
• Public & private shares offer;
• Legalization of shareholders & investors relationship;
• Handling companies & partners conflicts;
• Managing Joint Projects;
• Advising on infrastructure projects (partnership between Government and Private Sector, Initial private Financing Contracts, Attorney, Franchise Contracts);
• Real Estate;
• Employment, work system & employment contracts;
• Advising on companies’ dissolution (Liquidation);
• Providing Strategic legal advice in entities incorporation;
• Incorporation of branches as well as Technical & Scientific offices.
• Provide legal advice and solution on merging & liquidation of well-established business institutions (Companies).
• Providing advices on operating and managing companies in accordance with Companies Law & Regulations.
The Kingdom is the largest recipient of foreign investment in the Middle East, which make the market very attractive to investors. The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) is the competent authority for investors that value time to incorporate foreign entities.
Our professionals are specialized in advising and incorporating foreign entities, joint venture, franchise, distributorship.
We are specialized in drafting all type of contracts in both Arabic and English for entities and individuals, such as but not limited to:
• Franchise contracts;
• Partnership (joint venture) contracts;
• Article of Association;
• Employment contracts;
• Sales contracts;
• Lease contracts;
• Administrative contracts;
• Agency contract;
• E-Commerce contracts.
Banking & Finance:
Our firm has specialized professionals in banking, Islamic finance, financing projects and companies. Our highly qualified professionals provide legal advice to local and international financial institutions, banking disputes, insurance disputes and drafting related contracts and agreements.
• Reconciliation & Meditation;
• Litigation in all types of Courts, Committees and Authorities.
International Trade & Competitions:
We have a full & integrated working team to represent our local and international clients and providing them with legal advices that the field of International Trade and Competition might be exposed or subjected to legal procedures by a competition Council (committee).
As a member of the World Trade Organization and TRIPS Agreement, Saudi Arabia is committed to provide protection of intellectual property.
Our firm has gained a considerable practical experience to provide legal advice in the field of Intellectual Property, registering and renewing local and international Trading Marks, and Acting on behalf of customers at Claiming Committees or Grievance Committees before specialized Administrative & judicial authorities such as:
• Trade Marks;
• Preservation of Copyrights;
• Patent of editing & publications;