Italian government identifies a solution to face the pressures received (DL 99/2021 of last June 30, Art. 4).
Employers in the fashion and extended textile sector with the beginning of the Ateco code 13, 14 and 15 remain precluded until 31 October 2021 from the possibility of individual and collective economic redundancies.
In view of the block, it was possible for a maximum duration of seventeen weeks in the period between 1 July and 31 October 2021 to grant the ordinary wage supplement treatment (art.19 and 20 DL 18/2020) without the payment of the additional contribution.
Lowering the new provision in the context of the ‘Sostegni’ Decree (art.8 DL 41/2021 converted by L 69/2021), it follows that:
- The general block on dismissals for workers of companies that have CIGO and extraordinary CIG (especially industry and agriculture) ended on 30 June 2021
- Redundancies are forbidden until October 31, 2021 for employers in the fashion and extended textile sector with the beginning of the Ateco code 13, 14 and 15
- Redundancies are prohibited until October 31, 2021 for workers of companies covered by ‘FIS’ and instruments in derogation (especially tertiary)
In any case, while the block is in effect, it is always possible to terminate the employment relationship in the following cases
- corporate collective agreement
- expansion contract
- reinstatement for change of contract
- definitive termination of the company’s business (which does not involve the transfer of a company or one of its branches)
- just-cause dismissal
- dismissal for disciplinary reasons
- dismissal for exceeding the grant period of illness
- dismissal for failure to pass the probationary period
- dismissal for reaching age for the use of the old-age pension
- dismissal for unfitness for duties
- dismissal of the domestic worker
- dismissal of the manager (even if a recent jurisprudential orientation is contrary)
- the termination of the apprenticeship at its expiration date
- consensual employment terminations and resignations for just cause